Transitioning from Legacy Goals
With the upcoming release of our new Product Analytics tool, we are phasing out the 'Goals' feature and introducing a more powerful set of tools to help you gain insights into user behavior, measure feature adoption, and analyze drop-offs in user journeys.
To prepare for this transition, you will need to remove all goals linked to flows and familiarize yourself with the new action-based goals.
Why are we making this change?
Legacy 'Goals' provided a way to determine the effectiveness of created flows but had limitations in understanding how user behavior changed over time. They informed you if a user had achieved a goal, but didn't reveal changes in goal completion rates or whether a user reached the goal multiple times over different periods.
To address these limitations, we are replacing 'Goals' with advanced custom reporting that offers a more comprehensive view of user behavior. For flows, we are introducing a simpler way to measure their effectiveness using actions-based goals. These goals can be set based on actions such as:
- Viewing a page after seeing the flow
- Clicking a feature tag after seeing the flow
- Performing a track/custom event after seeing the flow
What do I need to do?
Follow these steps to prepare for the transition:
- Remove existing goals linked to flows: Before July 1st, navigate to your flows' settings, locate the 'Goal' section, and unlink any goals associated with your flow.
- Update your flows with new goals: After removing the old goals, replace them with the new action-based goals to measure the effectiveness of your flows.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the transition, please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com