Targeting the Resource Center
To ensure that the Resource Center will be only displayed for the relevant users and in the right place within your app, you can specify the targeting configurations based on Domains, Pages, and Audience. These targeting options can give you more power in controlling and delivering the best customer experience.
Important: The targeting settings will only be shown if the widget is set to be launched when a user clicks on a beacon.
This section will allow you to specify the domain(s) where you would like your Resource Center beacon to appear on. You can find the Domain Settings section under the Configure tab.
- All domains (Default): This will show the Resource Center on all domains that have the Userpilot snippet installed
- Specific domain: Specify which domain(s) or sub-domain(s) the Resource Center should appear on.
Note: You can list all the domains that you have Userpilot installed on the the Environments tab to automatically find the domains listed in the drop down.
Pro tip: Specific domain can be extremely helpful while testing the Resource Center on your testing environment
Segmentation Per Module
The module while appear or disappear from the Resource Center with respect of the page and audience settings. Page and Audience targeting are set up in each module that you create.Once you create a module, the next step you'll be navigated to is the "Targeting" section.
This section will allow you to specify where to show the Resource Center based on the URL the user is currently on.
- Any page (Default): This will show the Resource Center on any page that has the Userpilot script installed
- Only on Specific Paths: Here you can limit the Resource Center to be shown on specific URL path(s) within your web app.
You can add one or multiple conditions of a URL path. An example is if you would like the module to appear in the Resource Center if the user is on one of two specific pages. In that case, you can add a condition with each URL path specified and select the option"Any".
What if my URL contains dynamic URL paths?
In the case of dynamic URL paths, you can select the page condition "Match Regex" and replace the dynamic part of the URL with an asterisk.
The audience targeting is important in deciding who should see the module in the Resource Center.
- All Users (Default): Show the Resource Center to any user that visits the page(s) where the Resource Center is shown
- Only Me: Show the Resource Center only to your colleagues that are in your Userpilot account and have the chrome extension Installed
- A Specific Segment: Show the Resource Center to a specific segment you've previously specified from the Users page
- Users That Match Specific Conditions: Narrow down the eligibility of your users to see the module by a single or a combination of operators; namely: User Properties, Segments, Form Responses, Gear, Location, Flow Events, NPS Events, and Custom Events.
Important note: If a user is not eligible to see any of the modules listed in the Resource Center, then the beacon will not appear.