Testing and Publishing Checklists
Previewing the Checklist while in the building process can be great to make sure that the Checklist will look and behave with your end-users as expected.
This appears on the right of the page while building each part of the Checklist. You will be able to see any changes that you make and you'll also be able to interact with to see its behavior.
After building your Checklist and previewing it to make sure it looks good, you can test it live before publishing it for your end-users. You can check many things in the test mode:
- How the Checklist looks and behaves from your end-user perspective
- Check that the Checklist appears on the right page(s)
- Make sure that the Checklist obeys the specified Audience targeting
- Check the positioning of the Checklist on your web app
- Review and check modules interaction behavior
- Get feedback from your teammates
1. Publishing the Checklist only to yourself and your colleagues
Setting the Audience to Only me will limit the Checklist to being only displayed for you and your colleagues that have the Userpilot chrome extension installed. You can then navigate to a page where the Checklist should display on and test it.
2. Publishing the Checklist on a testing or staging environment
Before publishing the Checklist on your staging environment, head over to the domain settings under the Configure tab, choose "Domains I choose", and then enter your testing or staging environment. Now, you can publish the Checklist safely on your testing environment.
3. Publishing the Checklist only to specific users
You can limit the eligible users to see the Checklist based on the user properties of the internal testers. This can be done from the Audience section where you can target the desired users based on their Unique User IDs, their emails, or even their names.
Publishing the Checklist
Once you test the Checklist and make sure that all looks good, modify the Checklist targeting settings to include your desired end-users. You can now promote the Checklist and publish it live by clicking on the " Publish" button.