Understanding your customers' behavior and recognizing development prospects are critical in today's dynamic business world. Analytics has developed as a strong tool for businesses, allowing them to decipher trends and trace customer journeys through the complexities of sales and marketing funnels. This article looks at how organizations may use analytics to identify patterns and optimize their funnels for long-term success.
Userpilot provides two types of analytics reports:
Trends: Provides insights into the evolving preferences, user behaviors, and developments over time that influence decisions and shape various domains.
Funnels: Represents the step-by-step journey that potential customers take, from initial awareness to eventual conversion or purchase. Funnels outline the stages through which individuals progress, guiding businesses in discovering how many users complete a sequence of actions.
Common use cases
- Visualize the customer journey, identifying drop-offs and bottlenecks at each stage
- Identify patterns and correlations, revealing shifts in users' preferences and behavior
- With real-time analytics, businesses can respond swiftly to emerging trends, capitalizing on opportunities as they unfold
- Analytics can forecast future trends, assisting businesses in making proactive decisions and adapting strategies accordingly
- Businesses can allocate resources effectively that yield the highest return on investment
- Highlighting pain points and areas for improvement.
In the Saved Reports dashboard, you can see all your created Trends and Funnels, and perform actions such as:
- Ability to search for a particular Trend or Funnel by their title or filter them out by their Type or Creator
- Export the table of the listed reports
- Select multiple reports to delete them with one click
- Each trend and funnel has an action to delete, duplicate, or edit directly from the table by clicking on the 3 dots at the end of each report.
- In the table itself, you can click on the report where you'll find analytical data of that report
For Trends, you'll see a graph that reflects the data for the selected events under the chosen time & divided by period (daily, weekly, monthly). You can also choose from a lot of graphs based on Time Series (line, stacked line, stacked bar) or Total Value (pie, bar, metric).
As you can easily share the graph with any of your teammates by simply clicking on the share icon and adding their email, an optional message can be added as well (for emails outside your team, they will receive an invite to your account with an Analyst role). Moreover, you can enter the edit mode to make any adjustments, download the PNG of the graph, duplicate the trend, or create a new analysis from the buttons on the top right side.
By clicking on the graph, you can see the exact users that have achieved a certain event from the added ones to your Trend, as you can export the data.
Below the graph, you'll see a Breakdown table that will show the data in a template, following the same time & period added. You can easily unselect an event that you don't want to see the related data for in the graph. At the end of the table, you can see the Average, Median, or Total for the events.
As for Funnels, they can also be seen for a selected time period and in multiple graphs (conversion steps, conversion trends, time to convert, metric). You can edit, share, download PNG for the graph, duplicate, or create a new analysis directly from the settings in the top right corner.
One of the Graph options we offer is the Time To Convert, which can be set to show as a Trend or Distribution. In Distribution, you can select the Interval Size & Min/Max number for the wanted data, and check out the based outcome.
As in trends, you can also click on the graph for Funnels to see the related user data based on the chosen graph & time, which can be exported & provides a search option that might be useful to check a certain user conversion.
At the end of the page, you'll also find the Breakdown template that will show the related data based on the chosen graph & time in a table that can be Exported.