Installing With Segment
Leverage the use of your Segment data by passing it along to Userpilot with no additional coding.
Common use cases
- Using Segment data for targeting Userpilot Flows to specific users
- Using Segment data for tracking conversion rates
Segment as a data source
This article explains how to use Segment as a data source to sync your Segment information to Userpilot - e.g. user and company attributes and events.
Installing Userpilot on your app through Segment
Before you begin, you will need to install Segment on your application. You can follow their guide here.
Installing Userpilot using the plugin
This will Install Userpilot on the client-side where the data will be sent from the webpage itself.
- Enable Userpilot plugin on your Segment account and configure the plugin using your Userpilot app token found on your account installation page here
- To pass user properties to Userpilot from Segment and show the Userpilot content correctly, Segment's Identify method analytics.identify must be called on every page reload, this makes Userpilot attempt to show content using userpilot.identify. Without identifying the user, Userpilot won't attempt to show content to the users.
- If you're using a Single Page Application Framework, you only need to call analytics.identify once on app initialization and then call analytics.page on every page
Passing data through a backend service
In order to send data to Userpilot through a back-end server, you will need to enable the Segment-Userpilot webhook. Copy your API Key from your Environment page
- Head over to Segment dashboard and go to catalog, then destinations and search for "webhooks"
- Click on "webhooks", "configure webhooks", select "HTTP-API", then "confirm source"
- In the connection settings, click on "webhooks(max5)", and enter "https://analytex.userpilot.io/http" in the webhook URL. In the headers, type the word "token" in the first field. In the second field, paste the API Key that you copied from the Environment page in Step 2 above.
Note: If you have Userpilot installed via Segment, then the event will be passed to Userpilot as soon as the method analytics.track() is called. For more details on the segment track method, you can check here.
If you have questions regarding our Segment integration, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org