Installing With Segment
Leverage the use of your Segment data by passing it along to Userpilot with no additional coding.
Common use cases
- Using Segment data for targeting Userpilot Experiences to specific users
- Using Segment data for tracking conversion rates
Segment as a data source
To use Segment as a data source and sync your Segment information (e.g. user and company attributes and event) to Userpilot,
- Install Segment on every page where you would like Userpilot experiences to appear on
- To pass user properties to Userpilot from Segment and show the Userpilot content correctly, Segment's Identify method
segment.identifymust be called on every page reload, this makes Userpilot attempt to show content using
Enable Userpilot through a webhook
In order to send data to Userpilot through the backend, you will need to enable Segment-Userpilot Integration.
- Make sure you are on one of Userpilot's plans
- Copy your write token from your Installation page
- Head over to Segment dashboard and go to catalog, then destinations and search for "webhooks"
- Click on "webhooks", "configure webhooks", select "HTTP-API", then "confirm source"
- In the connection settings, click on "webhooks(max5)", and enter "https://api.userpilot.io/http/" in the webhook URL. Then in the headers enter "token" in the first field and the write token in the second field
If you have questions or feedback on our Segment installation, please reach out through live chat