Installing With Segment
Leverage the use of your Segment data by passing it along to Userpilot with no additional coding.
Common use cases
- Using Segment data for targeting Userpilot Experiences to specific users
- Using Segment data for tracking conversion rates
Segment as a data source
This article explains how to use Segment as a data source to sync your Segment information to Userpilot - e.g. user and company attributes and events.
- Install Segment on every page where you would like Userpilot experiences to appear on
- To pass user properties to Userpilot from Segment and show the Userpilot content correctly, Segment's Identify method analytics.identify() must be called on every page reload, this makes Userpilot attempt to show content using userpilot.identify(). Without identifying the user, Userpilot won't attempt to show content to the users.
Enable Userpilot through a webhook
In order to send data to Userpilot through a back-end server, you will need to enable the Segment-Userpilot webhook.
- Copy your write token from your Installation page
- Head over to Segment dashboard and go to catalog, then destinations and search for "webhooks"
- Click on "webhooks", "configure webhooks", select "HTTP-API", then "confirm source"
- In the connection settings, click on "webhooks(max5)", and enter "https://api.userpilot.io/http/" in the webhook URL.
- In the headers, type the word "token" in the first field. In the second field, paste the write token that you copied from the installation page in Step 2 above.
If you have questions regarding our Segment integration, please reach out to us at email@example.com