Whether you're new to Userpilot or you're an experienced user, tagging features within your product provides you with a great view of your feature usage.
Feature tagging is foundational in order to understand the impact of your in-app experiences on your growth goals and feature adoption. Code-free.
Features Page Breakdown:
1. Tag new feature:
- Open Userpilot's Chrome extension on your product's URL where you'd like to tag features on.
2. Features Details Table:
- Name: This is the title of the tagged feature that was given by your team.
- Users: This is the total unique number of your end-users that have clicked the feature since it was first tagged – e.g. if one unique user clicks the feature multiple times, the total number of users would be one.
- Companies: This is the total unique number of companies that have clicked the feature since it was first tagged – e.g. if multiple users from the same company clicked the feature, the total number of companies would be one.
- Total Clicks: This is the cumulative number of clicks from your end-users since the feature was first tagged – e.g. if one unique user clicks the feature three times, the total number of clicks would be three.
- Definition: This is the text string that the element contains.
3. Additional actions:
- Edit: This is where you can edit the setup of the feature such as the name, build URL, and targeting settings.
- Delete: This is where you can permanently delete the feature and it's associated data.
Common use cases
- Identify where your users are spending their time on your product.
- Get an intuitive view of your features usage.
- Track users' activity and understand what features they are interacting with.
- Defining a goal using a feature tag to measure the impact of your in-experiences on user behavior.
Next steps: Learn how to tag your first feature.
If you'd like to send general feedback or suggestions for this feature, please reach out to us at email@example.com