Checklists drive sign-ups during the onboarding process. Use these tips and FAQs to make sure your checklist is in tip-top shape.
How can I limit a flow to trigger only on a checklist task?
You can customize a flow to trigger only in a checklist by making a change in the Settings panel.
- Locate the flow you want to customize.
- Click the gear and then click Settings. The Settings page opens.
- Scroll down the Settings page and locate the FREQUENCY heading.
- Under FREQUENCY, select Trigger manually. This flow will only trigger with other Userpilot content.
How can I set the checklist task action to direct the user to a dynamic URL?
You can do that by opening the Task editor. Enter the URL along with an attribute chosen from the drop-down menu.
Here's an example.
You want to direct the user to a certain page depending on the subdomain the user is acting on. Assuming your relative URL is “/X/Y,” you can use the parameter host name chosen from the drop-down menu before the relative path.
A user completes all checklist tasks. Later, I add a new task which the user has not seen. Does the checklist beacon reappear?
The answer depends on the specified Checklist frequency.
- If Frequency is set to Keep triggering until all tasks are completed, and the new task is added after completion, then the checklist will not reappear.
- If Frequency is set to Keep triggering until manually dismissed by user, then the new task will normally show until the user dismisses the checklist.
What happens when a checklist is dismissed by a user?
Once dismissed by a user, a checklist won’t reappear unless it is re-triggered using manual retriggering.