Targeting a Checklist
When you're done with designing your beacon, you can go ahead and start with the 'Page Settings'. The 'Page Settings' allows you to choose where you want your checklist to be triggered. You can trigger it on all domains, or choose a specific one. This also applies to Pages and Audience.
- All domains (Default): This will show the Checklist on all domains that have the Userpilot snippet installed
- Specific domain: Specify which domain(s) or sub-domain(s) the Checklist should appear on.
Note: You can list all the domains that you have Userpilot installed on the Environments tab to automatically find the domains listed in the drop-down.
Pro tip: Specific domain can be extremely helpful while testing the Checklist on your testing environment.
This section will allow you to specify where to show the Checklist based on the URL the user is currently on.
- Any page (Default): This will show the Checklist on any page that has the Userpilot script installed
- Only on Specific Paths: Here you can limit the Checklist to be shown on specific URL path(s) within your web app.
You can add one or multiple conditions to a URL path. An example is if you would like the module to appear in the Checklist if the user is on one of two specific pages. In that case, you can add a condition with each URL path specified and select the option "Any".
What if my URL contains dynamic URL paths?
In the case of dynamic URL paths, you can select the page condition "Match Regex" and replace the dynamic part of the URL with an asterisk.
Audience targeting is important in deciding who should see the module in the Checklist.
- All Users (Default): Show the Checklist to any user that visits the page(s) where the Checklist is shown
- Only Me: Show the Checklist only to your colleagues that are in your Userpilot account and have the chrome extension Installed.
- A Specific Segment: Show the Checklist to a specific segment you've previously specified from the Users page
- Users That Match Specific Conditions: Narrow down the eligibility of your users to see the module by a single or a combination of operators; namely: User Properties, Segments, Form Responses, Gear, Location, Flow Events, NPS Events, and Tracked Events.
Important note: If a user is not eligible to see any of the modules listed in the Checklist, then the beacon will not appear.
Finally, you can set how often your checklist will trigger to your users in 'Frequency'.